– QTranslate is a free translator for Windows (Windows 8/7/Vista/XP). With this small utility, you simply select the text you want to translate and then press the hot key (Ctrl+Q to show translation in the popup window or Double Ctrl click to show the translation in the main window). The program also has the ability to speak text (Ctrl+E) and perform a dictionary search (Win+Q). Also, you can open the main window and type text manually.
– The program translates a text by using online translation services, so you need an Internet connection. The current version supports the following translation services: Google Translate, Bing Translator, Promt, Babylon, SDL FreeTranslation.com, Yandex.Translate, youdao.
– Download QTranslate here (488 Kb, after 5s click Skip AD) or QTranslate portable here ( 488 Kb, after 5s click Skip AD ) support Windows XP Service Pack 2+ / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.
1. Translating a word, sentence or whole paragraph :
+ To translate the meaning of a word, a sentence or a whole paragraph from this language into another language, type or copy text to be translated into the input box above. Next, choose the original language of the text in the drop-down menu at the bottom. You also can select Auto-Detect to QTranslate item automatically detects the language of the original text. In the next menu, select the language to be translated into the document.
+ For example, you want to translate an English text into Vietnamese, in the first drop-down menu, choose English language (English), in the second drop-down menu, select the Vietnamese language. Finally, click Translate to translate the text.
2. Listen to the text :
+ To listen to the text appearing in the input box and the box results, click the icon button look like the headphone on the right side at the bottom. And then a voice application will read in the language you have selected.
3. Switch between translation services :
+ By default, QTranslate use Google Translate service in the translation process. However, the application also supports many other translation services such as Microsoft Translator, Promt, Babylon, SDL FreeTranslation.com, Yandex, Youdao (name of the above services are displayed at the bottom of the application interface ). You want to add / remove services, just right click on translation services at the bottom of application and you can select multiple translation services at the same time.
4. Translation between two languages :
+ This is feature-Backward translation on Qtranslate, it’s very useful if you want to compare the results returned by many other translation services close to the original text you entered or not, then decide effective translation services most.
+ To activate, click the arrow button in the upper right corner of the application, select Backward translation. Show results pane now will be double pane. When you click the Translate button again, QTranslate will decompile the resulting text back into the original language.
5. Instant translation :
+ Instant translation feature supports to translate immediately when the user is typing in the input box. To use, you choose the Menu > Instant translation
6. Use the dictionary to look up the meaning of the word/phrase :
+ Qtranslate also provides the built-in dictionary to use, you choose the Menu > Dictionary or press the key combination Ctrl + D. Input the word and enter to see the meaning.
7. Use the mouse to quickly translate – Mouse mode :
+ This mode allows the user to use the mouse to look up the meaning of the words or sentences when they are reading documents or surfing the websites … highlight selected words / phrases / text need definition. To activate the Mouse mode, right-click the program’s icon in the system tray, choose Mouse Mode> Enabled.
+ The program has two modes of translation by mouse selection (click on the program icon in the system tray to turn this mode on):
- Show icon (Select text in any program, the program icon will appear near the cursor. Click on the icon, the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear);
- Show translation (Select text in any program and the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear immediately).